What Treatment To Use When - Cold and Hot Treatments for Common Injuries and Pains
Hot and cold treatments are simple, effective ways to alleviate aches, swelling, inflammation, and other common injuries. But knowing when to use which treatment can be tricky.
Cold and Hot treatments are used:
- When medical intervention is delayed
- Till the time your medication begins to take eff ect
- As a technique to complement the body’s healing response
- As a technique to complement medication
- As a swelling and pain control mechanism when you don’t want to take medicines (due to drowsiness, other side eff ects or sports regulations)
- As a swelling and pain control mechanism when consuming more medicine doses is going to be harmful
A simple quick reference guide for when you need to decide fast what treatment is best - hot or cold.